Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cow heart...

So, I will start this lovely blog off with the fact that my English currently sucks. Not that is hasn't before...but its worse now :p

Anyways, this week I changed my class!!! I was a premier 2 L, which is a lot of french literature and history that I dont understand. However, now, I am following the Premier 7 S, which is the hardest course you can take :D BUT, I love it because its like 8 hours of math and 8 hours of science a week! And the science here is sooooo funn! In my chemistry class, we mix potions and stuff everyday! Also, in my other science class, similar to biology, we dissect something every week! It is SOO different then my old boring literature track!!

So, today I went to Cora, the french wal*mart...even though they deny the fact that they have huge stores with everything....and bought all of the stuff that I need for my new classes. It was weird getting sized for a lab coat!! While I was there, I happened to run in to my sisters favorite movie ever and had to buy it so I could watch it in French tonight!!! "Ce rêve Bleu" et "Prince Ali" are soo much better en français! well actually, every disney movie is plus mignon en français ^^ (oh and just in case you didn't get it, I bought Aladdin)
So back to Cora. While we were there checking out, I got the nice job of putting the meat in the cart...only to see the fact that we were buying Cow heart and Cow spleen for dinner. YUM.

MAIS, my host mom bought a huge bag of french fries today and "american" steak...cause its different here...and we're having an american lunch today :D Oh yea, and she bought chocolate pudding for dessert hahaha ^^ I always think it's funny what the people here have as stereo types of us Americans. When I try something new, they ask "do you eat this back home" and I say "no we don't have it" and then usually I get the "Do you have hamburgers back at home???" But only if they really knew, our hamburgers are THERE steak. SOO SHHH.

In a grand conclusion to my blog, I need to state something that will make me sound like a hypocrite. I love America. Yes I love France too...A LOT!!! But living in a foreign country makes me appreciate what I have back at home a lot more. The fact that I can drive, the fact that everything is new, the fact that gas isn't $8 a gallon. The list goes on and on! But don't take it the wrong way, cause I really do love the life here. They're just so different, they're incomparable.

1 comment:

  1. Well, not that I know you have a blog and I'm all caught up from 2009 to present . . . I will comment. :) I'm so glad you are having a good time and we were all very fortunate that you were placed with such a wonderful family!

    As for the cow heart and spleen . . be thankful it's a home cooked meal cause you don't get those here! HA!

    And lastly, I'll stick with our $2.95/gal for gas. Wow! Can't even imagine paying that much. Do your host parents use public transportation for most of their travel?

    Love you bunches!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete