Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You dont just eat it.

So, first off I would like to say that France is the land of love, it is the land of cheese, and yes it is the land of wine as well. However, France, by far, is the land of strikes!!! I have already had 5 strikes...two of which the students had created a blocus, and I wasn't able to enter the school. I love this at first. I mean I never had school, and life was good. But now it's just obnoxious. Getting stranded at the train station cause all of the trains and buses are cancelled....Not being able to take the car because the refineries are on strike, so there is NO gas basically everywhere!....sitting outside the school to go to the one class I had, then after 5 hours of waiting, the teacher decides to be on strike...you get the gist :]

BUT on the positive side of France

Everything is going extremely well!! I love it and have made a ton of new friends. I'm not sure when the last time I posted was, so I don't know if I told you that I changed my class from L to S. So now I have a lot more school and its way harder, but I have wayy wayy more friends. Life's pretty chill right now

In regards to the title of my blog, I was talking about bread. The other day my little host brother asked me why I didn't clean my plate and I responded with cause I'm eating...? But then my host-mom responded with "Here, after we eat, you use the bread to clean your plate, but you don't have to"....so they basically use it as a sponge. Thank god I'm not required to...since I hate sauces touching my foods.

I'm going to my first discothèque on friday night....I hope. My friends asked me to go, and theyre going at 12am and we'd come back at 5 or 6 am....Sounds like fun :D I really hope my host-parents will let me, but I'm not really sure. You get my drift.

I start vacation for a week and a half this sat until the 4th of November!!! The month of October as legit FLOWN by. Really too fast..

I'll update again after vacation, so that way you can hear all my fun stories :D


No comments:

Post a Comment